The school year in Seattle is starting in less than 3 weeks! As we enjoy these last days of summer, our minds turn to the upcoming year and the potentially dreaded battle of homework. Many experts are now agreeing that forcing and battling with kids over homework is not helpful. Here is a great article roundup of ideas on strategies to help our kids, making homework fun, and remembering that children’s job is school and how stressful that can be!
1. ParentMap: Whose Homework Is it Anyway?
2. Red Tricycle: 7 Ways to Make Homework Fun!
3. The Atlantic: Don’t Help Your Kids with Their Homework
4. Parent Further: 6 Tips for Supporting Kids When They Change Schools
6. ParentMap: 7 Tips From The Secret Society of Kindergarten
6. Momastery: The Kids are Fine!
We wish everyone a wonderful year!