1. What areas do you serve?
We serve the entire Puget Sound region including: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Issaquah, Sammamish, Redmond, Woodinville, Medina, Hunts Point, Bothell, Lynnwood, Everett, Shoreline, Mercer Island, Renton, Newcastle, Normandy Park, Burien, and Tacoma.
2. What makes Annie’s Nannies different?
3. How does Annie’s Nannies find candidates?
Since 1984, we have been successfully placing experienced candidates with wonderful families throughout the Puget Sound area. Our reputation as the leading nanny and household support agency helps us attract top quality individuals. We are proud to work with candidates who have completed Long-Term assignments through us and have returned to us for further placement. We build lasting relationships with our great candidates, and they proudly refer other candidates to us. We also use a variety of other resources, including online resources, social networking, campus recruiting, as well as partnering with other leading agencies to conduct nationwide searches for qualified candidates.
4. What is Annie’s Nannies applicant screening process?
Our in-depth screening process is explained here.
5. Do you offer Corporate Back-up?
We are happy to discuss the many ways we can tailor corporate backup to your company’s needs. Please feel free to contact ANI with any questions or email us.
1. What is Long-Term?
Long-Term is when a family is looking to hire an employee for at least a year commitment.
2. What is Short-Term?
Short-Term is when a family is looking to hire an employee for less than a year, has an interim need, or is not sure how long they need someone. This position is typically hourly without benefits. Short-Term is a “pay-as-you-go” service that is non-contractual and ends when either the family no longer needs care or the employee is no longer available to provide care. It is possible to have more than one employee in a given time period, but every effort is made to offer consistency to the family.
3. How long will it take to hire?
The entire process can take one to six weeks, from the time a family starts the process with a Placement Counselor to the start date for the employee.
4. What are Annie’s Nannies Fees?
There is a non-refundable $450 ANI Consultation/Search fee to begin the search process with a Placement Counselor, who will advise and support you throughout the entire hiring process. This fee also makes you a member of ANI On-Call with access to Temporary/On-Call services.
If you hire a candidate we refer to you, our Referral Fee is as follows:
- Childcare:15% of gross annualized compensation ($3,700 minimum)
- Household Staffing and Specialized Search Candidates:18% of gross annualized compensation
- Childcare or Household Support: $35/day (billed on a monthly basis)
- Fee is capped at the Long-Term referral fee rate if reached with one provider.
5. What is your guarantee policy?
We offer a full six month replacement guarantee on all Long-Term referrals. If the candidate does not work out for whatever reason in the first six months, we will begin a new search and provide additional referrals. There is no guarantee on Short-Term referrals.
6. What salaries and benefits are common in our area?
Salaries are based on the amount of experience the candidate brings to the position and the duties included in the job description – in addition to current ‘Market Value’. It is common to guarantee hours and reimburse for employee’s automobile expenses if his or her vehicle is used on the job. Benefits may include: paid sick days/holidays/vacation and a medical insurance contribution (which can also serve as a tax credit to the family).
Please see specific job descriptions for salary ranges by job title.
7. How are taxes handled?
The family is the employer and will want to account for about 10% above the gross salary of the employee for the family’s share of payroll taxes. For more information, please read our household payroll page.
8. How do I start the process with Annie’s Nannies?
We look forward to helping you find the best candidate for your needs using the ANI Process. You can simply complete our inquiry form and a Placement Counselor will get in touch with you, or call us at 206-784-8462 during our business hours, Monday through Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM Pacific Time, to talk with one of our expert Placement Counselors or to arrange a consultation at our office.
9. How many candidates can I expect to interview?
Depending on the specifications of your search, on average you can expect to interview between two and five candidates. We save you time by pre-selecting candidates who meet your family’s individual needs and only introducing you to those candidates. We take great pride in the fact that most of our families choose to hire the first or second person they see. However, there is no limit to the number of candidates you may interview. It only takes one perfect match and we will keep searching until you find that person!
10. Do you offer discounts?
We value the companies here in the Puget Sound area that we have been working with for over 32 years, and give discounts to the employees of the following Companies:
University of Washington
Seattle Reproductive Medicine
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
If you would like your employer to be included on our Corporate list, please contact us!
ANI also offers returning/loyal client discounts.
1. What is Temporary/On-Call?
On-Call Nanny services are available for:
- Fill-in for your Nanny
- Daycare/school closures and holidays
- Sick childcare
- Date nights
- Any other temporary childcare need
Temporary/On-Call Nannies are typically only responsible for the children’s needs. If you require additional household support, please let your Placement Counselor know when making a request.
2. What are the Agency’s Fees?
Families who utilize our Temporary/On-Call service need to join as members. Just give us a call to set up a family profile and fill out a registration form. Then, simply call or email us whenever you have a temporary need. We will do our absolute best to fill your request! Please note that our Temporary/On-Call service is not a 100% guarantee of placement. Our chances of success increase with the number of days of notice you can provide.
- Annual Membership Fee: $275
- Daily Placement Fee: $25 per day*
- Premium Daily Placement Fee: $35/day* (consistent provider over multiple bookings)
- Overnight Placement Fee: $35 for a 24 hour period
*Emergency Fee: additional $30 for same day or next day service.
3. What are the Temporary Nanny’s Wages?
- Our Temporary Nannies typically charge $18-$21 per hour, depending on the number of children and time of day (time and ½ for all major holidays). Wages are subject to change. There is a four hour minimum required per day.
- You will pay the Nanny directly upon the completion of the assignment, either by cash or check. The Nanny’s wages are separate from our agency fees.
- If a Temporary Nanny uses her vehicle while performing job duties, you must reimburse her for gas mileage at the current IRS mileage rate.
4. How are taxes handled for Temporary Nannies?
Families who utilize Temporary Nannies are still considered the Nanny’s employer. If you pay any one Nanny less than $2,000 per calendar year, you are not required to withhold or pay taxes. If you choose to claim the temporary Nanny, please request the social security number at the time of service from the Nanny. Annie’s Nannies does not provide social security numbers. For more information regarding taxes, please read our household payroll page.
5. What are your Temporary/On-Call Policies (i.e. cancellation)?
- Cancellation: Once we have assigned a Nanny to your job, the Placement Fee will be processed with no refunds. If an assignment is canceled with less than 12 hours’ notice, you will also be responsible for paying the Nanny for 4 hours of the agreed hourly amount. If the Nanny cancels due to illness or an unforeseen event, we will try to find a replacement, or you will not be charged (or credited).
- Scheduling: Please make all arrangements for care by contacting the Agency. Clients are not allowed to book Nannies directly.
- Guarantee: ANI makes every effort to fill all requests. However, we do get booked on occasion and cannot 100% guarantee a placement every time.
6. How do I request a Temporary Nanny?
First you must set up a family file with a Placement Counselor during business hours.
To get started click here to submit a Family Application. Once a family file is set up, simply call or email your requests as they come up! Texting is available for after-hours emergencies on our emergency cell phone.
7. How quickly can I get a Nanny?
We normally process On-Call requests during business hours (Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm) and we are on call for ANI Members between the hours of 7am-9am and 5pm-9pm Monday –Friday and from 9am-5pm on Saturday and Noon-8pm on Sunday. We can often fill last-minute requests so please contact us at your earliest opportunity. We are closed all major holidays.
8. Can I interview Temporary Nannies ahead of time?
While there is not a formal client interview process for Temporary Nannies, we do send you a short summary about the Nanny we book for your assignment. The summary includes information about her experience, qualifications, and history with our agency. The Nanny will call you prior to the assignment to introduce herself and gather any additional instructions.
9. Is it possible to hire the same Nanny each time?
Requesting a specific Nanny is a benefit of Membership. Though we cannot guarantee that the same person will be available for every assignment, we will do our best to honor special requests. We require that all scheduling is done through the agency; clients may not contact our Nannies directly to request dates.
10. What if I want to hire a Temporary Nanny on a Long-Term basis?
We are happy to apply the temporary fee to a Long-Term fee with certain restrictions. Please contact your Placement Counselor to discuss details.