Working with Annie’s Nannies
Annie’s Nannies is much more than your average staffing agency or online listing service. The combined skills and experience of our team serves every client, and our goal is to always make the best possible match within the appropriate time frame, saving valuable time and unnecessary worry.
What to expect while working with us:
In addition to the logistical tasks of pre-screening candidates and conducting background checks, we excel at finding the right match between nannies, household staff, and families. By taking the time and asking the right questions, we collaborate with you in determining a complete job description that suits your needs, attracts the right candidates, and takes your entire family into consideration. This is a great source of pride for Annie’s Nannies. In fact, 95% of our placements extend beyond the guarantee period.
Let’s get started!
Step 1: We want to know who you are. In order to find you what you need, we believe we first need to know who you are. During our consultation we find out all about you – Who are your children? What is your family culture? What are your philosophies? Traditions? Interests? Personality? Home/housekeeping style?
Step 2: What do you really want and need? As we learn more about your family’s life and needs, a picture comes into focus about what role/s you are truly seeking to fill. Is it childcare only? Do you need a home-base person to manage all the details and get your children where they need to go? We are here to help you pinpoint what you need and feel good about moving forward to find it!
Step 3: We help you with a job description. Detailed job descriptions are key to attracting and hiring the right person. Annie’s Nannies does all the work to create a comprehensive job description, so we can move forward with finding you the right candidates.
Step 4: We find the best matched candidates for your job. We send you not only candidates who meet your needs, but the candidates who really want a position like the one you seek to fill. Our goal is to make the selection process as easy as possible. Whether you need to see a variety of candidates or just a select few, we will make sure it works for you.
Step 5: We are at your service throughout the interview process. Our Placement Counselors are experts at giving advice, sharing their experience about what has worked for other families, or just listening as you go through the pros and cons of each candidate. We understand that bringing someone to work in your home is personal – we will work with you throughout this process and assist you in making the best decision for you and your family.
Step 6: We consult and guide you through the hiring process. Found the right person? Terrific! Our expert Placement Counselors will provide you with the tools and advice you need to become an employer.
Step 7: We are here for your family for the duration. Ongoing support is one of our specialties. If you need anything from backup for your nanny to just a sympathetic ear, we are here for you.
Questions about becoming an employer? You are not alone and there is no need to guess. Annie’s Nannies provides a complete employment package, including tax information, work agreements, benefit guides and hiring guidelines. For more information, visit our FAQs.
Call us today to get started! Ph: (206) 784-8462 or email us.
Family Resources Blog
- Nanny Tax Amnesty-Important News for Families (0)March 13, 2013The nanny/household employee industry has been historically notorious for misclassifying their employees (i.e. paying them off the books). The IRS is giving families a chance to come clean and fix the problem by June 30, 2013. Experts estimate that the tax shortfall for families not reporting/paying is $3-$10 billion per YEAR! The IRS have been cracking ...
- Nannies, Take Good Care! (0)February 28, 2013We know that our Nannies often put the needs of others before their own needs. After all, a Nanny’s profession is centered around the care of others, the children they love, and the family they support. This is good and meaningful work! It is often loads of fun but it can also wear you out! ...
- Annie’s Nannies 2012 Nanny of the Year!! (0)February 15, 2013We are thrilled to announce our 2012 Nanny of the Year is Heather McKay! We placed Heather in a Nanny/Family Assistant job last year, and she was our August Nanny of the Month in 2012. Her family had this to say upon hearing of her win: “Our family is thrilled to hear that Heather has been ...
- Guidelines for Interviewing a Nanny or Childcare Provider (2)February 12, 2013Childcare decisions can be daunting, whether you are a working parent needing full-time care, or a stay-at-home mom looking for babysitters and backup help. Once you’ve made the decision as to the type of care, the first step is to interview the care provider. What you would ask a nanny versus a daycare may be different, ...
- 2013 IRS Mileage Deduction Increase (0)December 21, 2012Families and Nannies: the IRS is increasing the standard mileage deduction to $.56.5 cents/mile effective January 1st. If a Nanny drives her own vehicle on the job, she should be compensated for mileage. Happy New Year!